Monday, March 30, 2009

tweet tweet


I was out in our muddy mess of a backyard the other day and noticed something odd sticking out of one, no wait! two of our tiki lanterns.  Upon further investigation, I came to a sick realization that it was the remains of two birds protruding from the unbelievably small holes in the tops of the lanterns.

I completely and immediately lost my appetite, and spent the next hour trying to conjure up the sad scenarios of these poor creatures' demises.  "Maybe they squeezed themselves in there to be warm, and then got stuck."  "Maybe something smelled good and they went for it."  "Maybe they were trying to make a little winter bird house."  Seriously, I really did think all these thoughts. And, most importantly, how in the world am I going to deal with this mess?

My mom came by later that afternoon for a visit, and I was relating my sickening tale. She decided to creep out and take a look, and...
oh, wait.  It was the lanterns' wicks .

The wicks!

Please tell me I'm not completely crazy, and that the picture does look like a bird!

4 comments:

Mel said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!! I totally thought that it looked like a bird too! So you are not the only one loosing your mind. Love you!

Elise said...

ha ha ha. They totally look like little tweety's! LOL. Thanks for sharing : )

Heather said...

that is so funny. i totally thought that too. thanks for the laugh.

Porsche said...

Probably one of the funniest things i've read in a long time! As I'm reading this I'm seeing the horrified look on your face. Priceless! I guess it's just be but all I see are the wicks.. :)