Friday, February 20, 2009

just a little amputation

For fear of this blog starting to sound like a bag-on-Nate forum, let me be clear:  he is a wonderful, compassionate physician, an awesome dad, and the only man on earth that could ever put up with all my antics.

That being said, I must chronicle our little twenty-second conversation this afternoon:

Nate: "Babe, let me call you back in a sec.  I'm just scrubbing in for a quick little amputation."

Me:  "A quick little WHAT?"

Nate: "Oh, just this old guy's foot.  It'll be quick, I promise."

And for once, I was the one who was speechless, even past the point of monosyllabic grunts.  

3 comments:

Kate said...

love what's going on here. thanks for sharing :)

Natalie said...

isn't that funny? Ben does that to me all the time- "um can I call you back- I'm in a code." Hello? WHY did you even answer the stupid phone????

Erin said...

Quick amputation, eh? Being an amputee, I have to wonder what that really means! : ) We sure miss you guys! It's hard to believe that we are heading back west already- what are your plans after residency? We just need to talk to catch up!