Sunday, November 30, 2008

sweetest days...

Caroline's almost three weeks old! Here are a few pictures for those interested fans, and an assortment of random snapshots of recent events. What a sweetheart little miss Caroline is! I managed to make it through that first week of nursing trauma (I seem to always have a hard time managing the watermelon tumors that remarkably and profoundly erupt on day 3, and cause me emotional grief every time!) Our "quest for rest" is going well... for the most part, Caroline is waking only once a night. The boys are loving holding and bathing her, and Grant is on a mission to teach her the names of poisonous reptiles. As for Jack, he informed me last night that I am a woman. Oh? "Yeah mom, you're a woman now. You used to be a whale, but now you're a woman." Hhhhmmm.

Grant enjoying his hand-picked 6 year old birthday meal of kosher beef dawgs, chips, and pears. word.

Nate was jealous of Jenny for the past nine months. He was particularly tired of her telling him, "you don't know what it's like," and "you men...you'll never understand." So, he stuffed Caroline into the Baby Bjorn and zipped up the vest for a nice warm winter's walk. Hmmph. What's all the fuss about...

Caroline's Thanksgiving outfit. (yes, you can have a special outfit for anything these days...you should see her Tuesday Morning Outfit...wow, it's a looker)

Burp. he he. Burp. ahhh. he he. um. excuse me.

I think I can feel the stuffing in the back of my throat. How am I going to make room for the pie, and that extra pack of fruit snacks that I know my Mom keeps in her purse.

10 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

Love her tights. For a whale, you did pretty good at picking out outfits.

Sorry about the nursing wo's. No words of advice, only sympathy.

Julie said...

Looks like the holidays have been full of laughs for all of you. Did Nate try to roll over in his sleep while wearing Caroline in the Bjorn? How about a trip to the bathroom -- four times in the night?

Mel said...

TOO TOO CUTE!!! I love your family. I can't believe that it has been three weeks already. Okay, she is absolutely gorgeous. I love the Thanksgiving outfit. And I am totally jealous that she is only waking up once at night; lets pray that Hanna can follow suit.

Jessie said...

Caroline is SO beautiful! I feel so lucky to have gotten to see her today. You have such a warm and friendly home!

Matt and Becca said...

No, no, no! She can't be three weeks already. Please keep her just that way until we can see her! We're thinking of you guys with Nate's week off and her blessing this weekend. Hope it's a great time. We miss you!

Rosie said...

Ahhh she is sooo stinking cute! She is beautiful and has the best of both of you! I MISS YOU!!

jamkmb said...

Your boys crack me up so much! Sure wish Brig could hang out with those two more often. Nate, you should insist on a paternity test because she's way too cute to be yours.
J

Monica Hudson said...

Love that post - I can totally hear you behind it, which was nice - miss you! Even if you are a whale (that's priceless!).

Rob and Kelli said...

Jenny...wow, what a cute family. I too wish we lived closer together so we could enjoy our kids growing up together. It really is crazy that we all have the same pattern. Anyways, Caroline is so sweet...loving the Thanksgiving outfit. And your boys are so handsome. What a fun time!

Natalie said...

Caroline is beautiful. And, yes, watermelon tumors is a perfect description. enjoy your sweet girl!