Friday, October 30, 2009

Grant's quality time in the W.C.

Grant's future self is going to KILL me for posting this, but I couldn't resist. Every day, right after school, Grant takes a break in the loo. 20, 30, sometimes pushing 40 minutes. Long enough that his legs and feet, inevitably, fall asleep. He makes snack requests(which I sometimes honor), and typically takes in either a good book or a pad and paper to write alphabetical lists of things. He has been known to study his Kids' Encyclopedia in there, and I even caught him poring over our globe, with it comfortably (?) perched on his bare little lap. How I love this boy.

But today, things got even more creative: he took the digital camera in with him. Something of a "self portrait session", shall we say? Enjoy. Feel free to insert your own captions...




11 comments:

Heather said...

thanks for the laugh. what a stud!:)

Amy F said...

Oh, he and Michael have something in common. Never 40 minutes, though. This summer we were at a wedding reception... more than ready to go... when the call came. Ugh.

Kids's encyclopedia?? I'll have to look in to those!

Seamore Tomato said...

I love the picture of him sleeping. It's so great!

Please post Halloween pics - I really want to see what your kids looked like!

Julie said...

Hilarious! And, yes, he is going to kill you. Wish my kids could productively occupy themselves for that long.

Camilla Millar said...

Hee Hee!

Matt and Becca said...

I wonder where he learned that one?? :) Like father, like son.

Sheri said...

oh my - this post is too funny. Did you know he took the camera in there, or did you discover this pics later?

Rosie said...

He has got to be one of the cutest most creative kids I know! He looks like he is completely enjoying himself...who doesn't need some bathroom bliss? Now in about 20 years I'll be able to go to the bathroom uninterrupted and kid free :)

Porsche said...

That is too funny! I'm going to show everyone!!! Oh Granter! How I miss my kiddos!

Janell said...

This kills me! What is it about men and hours in the bathroom? Ethan reads a golf magaziine everytime he has to go # 2. He took some pretty good self portraits!

Katie said...

I have been secretly stalking your blog, but I must now break my silence. This was WAY TOO HILARIOUS! I just woke Glen up with my laughing. Grant, you rock.