Saturday, September 20, 2008

placenta brain

What a productive week! This week, I did the following:

-Booked two babysitters for the same time. I was already teaching when the second one arrived. That was an interesting scenario.

-Lost my debit card. Found my debit card. Lost my debit card. Cancelled my debit card and ordered a new one.

-Took Grant's first school library book in the jogger while I walked (oops, waddled) with Jack. Left it in the jogger. It was ruined the next day in the rain. Somehow, I thought a little tape job would fix it. Not surprisingly, I got a somewhat perturbed note from the librarian, asking that the $10 replacement fee be paid immediately. Way to start off a relationship with Grant's school personnel on the right foot.

-Left my Mary Poppins (meaning= EVERYTHING IN IT) purse in the kindergarten classroom at Back to School Night. Got a call late that evening from the principal, thankfully. Again, I'm gaining quite a reputation at the school.

Wish me luck, folks. Can anyone help me remember my phone #?

8 comments:

Natalie said...

At least it sounds like you are getting your rear off the couch and doing something. I can't seem to do much of anything lately but clean out my DVR. and its clean. oh is it clean.
few more months huh?

Mel said...

I am so glad I am not the only one. I just love you. Hang in there it is almost over.

Lisa said...

I do those kinds of things all the time and I don't even have placenta brain to blame it on!

Going to NYC this weekend by the way, so excited!

J.ME said...

Seriously, that stinks. I hear you on all of it though... Only now, do I feel like I'm regaining some lost (badly needed) brain cells. Good luck with the next couple months.

Jme

Rob and Kelli said...

Laughing so hard right now...I could totally give you my crazy stories too, but I'll spare you. Pregnancy really does crazy things to our brains. Thanks for sharing-I loved it!

Heather said...

Thanks for the laugh!!
We really can ALL relate! :)

jamkmb said...

Jenny, it won't matter if we can help you with your phone number, because I'm betting good money that you don't know where your phone is to answer the call anyway.
John

Andrea said...

Jenny - I have wondered about you for years (I guess since I ran into you a few years back at Barnes & Noble, I think) and finally decided to google "jenny and nate richards". And I found your blog! This is Andrea Tate. How are you doing? My email is dreyscott at hotmail dot com. Send me an email and I'll invite you to my blog. Good to see your cute family!