Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow...at Last!


Many of you may think it strange that we are celebrating snow with such pompous, riotous glee. But when it's the first, and possibly ONLY snowstorm of the year, it's good reason! My friend Shari and I have been on the phone several times this winter with the Mt. Pocono Ski Resort (two hours away), inquiring in hopes that there was perhaps an inch or two up there for us to pretend to sled on! We were willing to go the distance, but so far, our hopes had been dashed. Not even the artificial stuff they stick on the ground for skiiers in the Poconos was doing it's thing.

But lo and behold: today, the snow gods smiled upon us! We hit the sledding slopes first thing in the morning. Schools here close immediately with even a whiff of snow, so we knew we could plan on a morning of glorious freedom. Grant sledded his guts out. Jack went from sledding to making dinosaur tracks to shoveling out the tunnel at the playground with his bare hands (and a plumber's crack to boot, as always!) Good times.

Now, will it stick so Nate's first day off in 17 days can be spent with his little dudes in the powder? I'm crossing my fingers...

{sorry about our sad, out-of-focus camera. it leaves much to the imagination...}



















7 comments:

Dan and Hailey said...

That crack looks familiar. I've seen it before somewhere..........

Mel said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. I was so bummed that Hailey was sick so I couldn't take her out in it. I am wondering if I will ever get to use her snowsuit; well, maybe at the rate she grows it will still fit next year. Your kids are so dang adorable. And I love the little crack.

Molly said...

If it's snow you want, you are more than welcome to have some of ours! Now, how to get it to you? Hmmmm....

Speaking of snow, we finally broke down and bought a snowblower, much to the relief of our neighbors who were SICK AND TIRED of watching me spazz around the driveway (after Spencer had sped away to work, showered and cologned and looking great) trying to shovel...with no muscles and 3-5 little helpers/bundled up on-lookers. We are nothing short of extremely entertaining neighbors, I'm sure.

Heather said...

It looks like you guys had soo fun!!In Washington if one flake of snow is on the ground school/work/& the roads are shut down!!!:) lol
I hope Nate got the day to spend with you!!! 17 days with not a day off........ I feel for ya :)

Kate said...

this post made me giggle. love the snow day! and your boys :)

Lisa said...

You should move to Michigan, I can't even imagine rejoicing in snow! : )

Camilla Millar said...

Jenny, I seriously clapped my hands and screamed for joy (seriously) when I saw your blog via the Sykes via someone I've never even met (isn't the internet strange?) I am soooooo glad you are on blogger. I've seriously thought a lot about you. I just love, love, love you!

We need to have a virtual chat soon (or a real one would work), but I up and lost your phone number.

Take care of your wonderful hooligans. I only have enough time to read your first post, but I'm sure I'll be gandering at your life when I am home alone (more often than I would like) at night.

My email address is: camillamillar@gmail.com