Saturday, May 29, 2010

it's all good

On Friday, after a very long, busy, and tiring week, I was walking up a hill with Jack and Caroline in the jogger. Feeling a lump rise in my throat as I thought of all I could've and should've done to be more of an engaging parent this week, I said, "Jack, I want to be a good mom to you! I'm going to do better!"

He said, "It's all good, Mom. You're doin' great."

And then he winked at me (one of his sweeeet 4-year-old skillz.)

Man, this boy is a product of his dad. And it was just what I needed.

6 comments:

Heather said...

what a sweet boy. missin you guys!
hope all is well. graduation is friday for us.... oh yeah, we have 3 more years of fellowship though!:)
hope residency is treating you good these days....

xoxo

Kate said...

jenny, i think you are one of the most attentive parents i know, truly. your kids are the luckiest to have you, all your talent and love.

i love jack's sweet reply...just makes me miss you guys! how much longer until you come visit?!

loves loves

Unknown said...

What a little sweetie! He's so cute!

Elise said...

Love that kid...and....LOVE YOU! You are my example of optimism and engaging parenthood. You going back to the UT this summer? Let's try to cross paths. We are there the 25th of June through the 2nd...

Unknown said...

coolest dude ever. can´t wait till he´s winking at girls other than his mommy, showing them the hots.

HayesFamily said...

R U coming to Utah this summer? We want to see you!
-Heath