Monday, October 5, 2009

For your entertainment: 3 vignettes



#1: Willpower

Nate and I were in Grant's classroom at Back to School Night, meeting his teacher and the other parents while sitting in a circle. His teacher (who is, in all seriousness, fantastic) was explaining the strange phenomenon that spelling is no longer taught in school as a subject; rather, it is incorporated into the curriculum in a variety of other ways.

Nate shoots me a note that says,

"speling suks."

And then a few minutes later:

"hoo kares if yu can't spel"

I lost it. Right there in front of all the other sophisticated (fine, there was one permed mullet) parents, I started faking my way out of hysteria with these pathetic, high pitched little wheezes. I think I was winded for the rest of the night. I hope by being the homeroom mom in Grant's class, I can make it up to his teacher...

6 comments:

Mel said...

I suk at speling to, and they taught me in skool. hehe.

Natalie said...

Jenny you are just awesome and always make me smile!

Kate said...

Oh i can't stop laughing!

Heather said...

still laughing. :)

Rob and Kelli said...

And I add to the...really can't stop laughing out loud. Funniest thing I've read in a long time!

Camilla Millar said...

Hee, Hee. Who are you kidding? You are totally eloquent and entertaining.