Sunday, September 6, 2009

a juncture

Goodbye-

fireflies
popsicles
swimming
friends all day
brothers in pj's until half past eleven
late night bike rides
early morning runs alone
reading piles of books in the afternoon on the "waiting bench"
serendipitous outings
sprinklers

Hello-

backpacks
sack lunch (thus, it begins)
new shoes
crickets
routine
the year of seminary for Nate (who thinks 6 am will be sleeping in, though)
soccer Saturdays
apple picking
football, of course (go, BYU) (did I just say that?)
biking with Caroline
and maybe,

a clean house!


3 comments:

Seamore Tomato said...

One more day! Then I'll be saying the same thing. Hopefully we can add lunch into the hello pile!?!

Rob and Kelli said...

Jenny-I loved your post...I've been feeling the same way as of late. Hope you are enjoying your "research" year with Nate. Your little Caroline is so cute with that blonde hair!

Kate said...

So well put. Jack came home from his first day of school today and said, "Mom, I think I like my old preschool better." Hmph. I think there is an empty place in his heart for your Jack! Miss you guys :)